This past Tuesday Chad and I celebrated our 14th Wedding Anniversary. Happy Anniversary Chad!
It is amazing how time seems to go by on fast forward. As I look back on our journey, I feel blessed to have a husband who is also my best friend. In the early years of our marriage we would set goals, make a plan, and achieve them. Things haven't changed much in that way since then. We still set goals and achieve them. It is the goals that are so much different. Before kids our goals would be about us and what we wanted. Now our goals revolve around the kids.
I will be the first to admit that sometimes we put ourselves and each other on the back burner, but don't most at this stage in life? I wouldn't change anything! We have had the opportunity to love one another, overcome challenges together, celebrate and embrace the gift of life with 2 wonderful kids, and great family and friends to share our lives with! We even manage to find quiet time for the two of us every now and then.
Speaking of finding time for the two of us, the girls spent a couple nights at Chad's parents house this past week. It happened to work out that we were alone on our anniversary. I told Chad's Dad that I do not think that we have been alone on our anniversary since Nicole has been born. That was a really nice treat! We went to dinner and came home and watched a movie. Thanks Mom and Dad Miller for the quiet time!
The girls had a lot of fun at Mema and Papa's. I keep hearing from Ashley how she beat Mema at Domino's. Watch out Ashley, Mema is out for a rematch!
Chad is out of town for the next few days golfing with some friends in Traverse City. We are enjoying some girl time back at the house.
I will try and post some more pics soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment