Sunday, October 18, 2009

Miley turns "One"

On October 13th Miley celebrated her first birthday. She has brought so much joy into our lives. I still remember what Chad and I refer to as "six weeks of hell". We got her when she was five weeks old and in a lot of ways that was a bit too early. She was nervous throughout the night so I would sleep on the floor next to her. It was then that I realized I wasn't as young as I used to be and had to blow up the air mattress to sleep on.

Nicole and Ashley have been great caregivers since day one. They bonded with her quickly and continue to shower her with attention daily. They use "Miley" as a way to get out of other chores.

Fortunately for us Labs are easy to train and Miley was not different. She likes to please us and for the most part does as she is told. Well.......she did eat branches off our tree, chewed any new plant or flower planted, and dug holes in the mulch all summer! Did I mention she loves to chew?!? Chad will never forget arriving home from work to find cedar chips(the filling of her pillow)all over her crate!

Although we have had a few frustrations along the way, she has been a blessing and so much fun to have around. She loves to play catch, runs around the yard so fast you can only laugh, has a passion for exploring the outdoors even in bad weather, enjoys listening to Ashley read to her, and loves to cuddle.

Enjoy a few pics of her first year.


Ashley reading to Miley.



What a cute puppy!




Merry Christmas Miley!




Miley's favorite Christmas gift.
Her "feel good" pillow. She used to hump
it until she got too big. She is laying
next to the heat vent something she did
all last winter.



Are you done yet? I am trying to nap.




Miley's first vacation. She loved the freedom
of nature and the lake.



Swimming with her cousin "Charlie"




Relaxing after vacation




Snuggling with Ashley's blankie.




New toy before she shredded it.




playing in the sunshine




No comments:

Post a Comment